Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

On Being Young and a Photography Judge

Yesterday I was a photography judge of the school arts competition where the subject was "Wow!". Local winners go to regional, then to state, and on to national levels. Grades 3 to 12 end up competing against each other.
One of the youngest (age 9, I think), was my top pick which just goes to show what a blessing it is to being uninhibited and unencumbered by technology and all of the baggage that goes along with growing up. The teens did a great job, too, but they were much more aware of what is expected for a photograph. Overall I enjoyed the images best that got their idea across well and were more unexpected. I thoroughly enjoyed being a judge and it made me realize just how hard it is to judge well.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you could show us what the winners looked like--the photos I mean, not the kids!

    ReplyDelete