Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Why I Paint --

I originally wrote this entry last November and forgot about it. It still feels right today --- so I decided to publish it.

I wasn't painting then. I was stuck and stressing about it. Now I am painting again -- and much happier in general-- and guess what the key was to getting unstuck and starting to paint again? More on that later, but I am interested in finding out why you like to create, too. So, please comment.


My reasons for painting:

a sense of adventure, going into the unknown, facing my fears, feeling connected with the world, seeing if I can do it, i.e., the appeal of learning to master a skill, the satisfaction of completing a project.

I find great pleasure in making something, creating something: meals, tablescapes, books, gardens, games, stories, plays, a macaroni-decorated cigar box for my father when I was five. I like to produce: A song for my brother's birthday. An elaborate scheme. A dinner party. A great Christmas for the kids. A play. Dancing! A needlepoint seat for the piano bench. Knitted hats for babies. An Amaryllis in the winter sun.

I like to make things up.

There aren't any rules. I can be me.

Tom suggested I paint something inspiring to me.

I once wrote:
--my creativity leads me to forgiveness and self-forgiveness.
--my creativity always leads me to truth and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment