Welcome

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. It's a journal of sorts. It gives me a place to show my work-in-progress for my painting and photography. Comments are welcome --- add one at the end of an entry or email me at BarbBlumer@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Friday, April 11, 2008

Straight From the Tube


Yellow Piano, 20 x 24, Oil on Canvas
I might revisit this style of painting that I did about 8 years ago. I called it "Straight from the Tube." I had received some samples of intensely colored oils from Mexico and thought it would be interesting to use them as straight from the tube as I could. I painted on white to keep the look bright. I was also reading about Matisse; hence, the objects and patterns originating from our home. For example, a carpet element became the wallpaper. Beyond that I was playing with symbolism. The yellow piano represented fickleness. The left cloudy doorway was my past. The sunny clear room on the right was my future. I guess that's me at the piano, but at the time, I didn't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment